There’s a real secret to getting better engagement on social media. Are you ready for it? Here it is:
Think before you share.
That’s it. It’s that simple. Stop sharing because someone told you to.
- Share because you care.
- Share because it matters.
- Share because you want to provide value.
- Share because you’re interested in what your community thinks.
- Share because you want to learn.
- Share because you want to teach.
- Share because if you don’t, your competition will.
But don’t share without thinking. It turns people away, it’s easy for your followers to recognize, it damages the online reputation of your business, and it’s a HUGE waste of time.
Need help thinking? Here’s a graphic we created just for you:
As a social media specialist, Rob thrives in situations that require constant creativity. On days when Rob isn’t working hard to create, maintain, and strengthen relationships online, you might find him spending time with family, browsing through his nearest bookstore, or sipping on a cup of coffee at his local Starbucks.