As far as hard social media news goes, there’s not much to tell ya this week. Sorry folks. We do have plenty of other great stuff to share though, so let’s jump right in.
- Klout is supposedly launching branded pages soon.. er, “squads”.. so you can see the exact people who are the biggest influencers of your brand. The real question, though, is does it all matter? (click here)
- Speaking of Klout, what does your score really mean? This interesting piece talks about how a score on a website may not in fact be the best indicator of one’s influence or expertise. (click here)
- Putting social media into your traditional advertisements is effective after all. Not to pat our own backs, but here at One Social Media we’ve been telling clients this from the very beginning. The most effective campaigns include both new and traditional media. (click here)
- A new dashboard for Pinterest has launched that is supposed to act like a Tweetdeck or Hootsuite for the popular pinning service. Schedule pins, see all your re-pins and likes, etc. Quite interesting. (click here)
- LinkedIn launched an iPad app this week – and a very nice looking one at that. It reads much like a newspaper, with people’s updates, stories shared and folks changing positions. Have you downloaded it yet? (click here)
- Last, but certainly not least, we bring you “Guy On A Buffalo”. The video is taken from a 70s film called “Buffalo Rider”. With it now being public domain, a folk band made up a song and satirical lyrics to go with it. If you have 9 minutes, please watch all four episodes.
Having trouble viewing? Click here.