I am back in action folks! Huge thanks to @KelseyBJones for filling in during my absence last week. This is one of my favorite things I get to do for One Social Media, so I’m happy to be back in the saddle. It was a week of dichotomy – at least in my own reading. We had companies launching some exciting new things, but also lots of folks a bit disenchanted with social media.
- Pinterest unveiled a major profile redesign. The home page is the same, but going to someone’s page is new. It seems more organized, and our office consensus is that it’s a nice upgrade. What do you think? (Click here)
- One Google employee details why he left the company. Very interesting and well-written piece about how the culture changed from one of innovation to an ad/revenue machine. (Click here)
- This is a very interesting article from TIME Magazine about viral/social activism, and how it might not actually be as good as we think it is. (Click here)
- CNN has a very interesting feature about our addiction to our mobile devices – including a very powerful photo gallery. (Click here)
- We all know that the new iPad was unveiled last week (and launched in stores today), but here’s an actual review of the device. Consensus: the display is incredible. Is it enough for you to go out and get one? (Click here)
- Also, if you enjoy laughing, you must watch the video below.