Since our Friday Clicks guy [Jeremy] is off traveling the Great West this week, I’ve been handed the keys to the Friday Clicks van. So, here’s Friday Clicks – KelseybJones style.
Lots of great news in the social media and marketing industry this week! Apple launches the new iPad, women use social media to speak their minds about Limbaugh, online apps for creating interesting dates, viral videos to help find a war criminal, and a giggling baby helping dad feel better after being turned down for a job.
Without further delay, here’s some great stories and links for your recap of Clicks you may (or may not) have seen yet!
- With Apple’s release of the iPad 3, many consumers are ready to dump their old versions and get the latest and greatest Apple product. What can they do with them? Ebay has offered an easy way to put it up for sale and get the cash. (Click here) Want to know more about why everyone wants iPad 3? (Click here)
- Women come out in force (digital force) – women are becoming quite powerful thanks to social media and have a stronger way to get their voices across to the world! This is all according to this blogger talking about the aftermath of the Rush Limbaugh ‘slut’ comments and the Susan G. Komen v. Planned Parenthood saga. Don’t forget, middle-aged, educated women are also the ones who get out to vote. (Click here)
- Have a date and not sure where to go or what new thing to try? There’s an app for that! HowAboutWe (online dating site) has set its sites on targeting committed couples who may have met online, or maybe not! To keep them coming back, they’ve set up a component to their site to help you find and create interesting dates. (Click here)
- Do you know Kony? Invisible Children’s 30 minute documentary (Kony2012) aims to highlight what the new digital age has done in helping bring peace to Uganda, and help stop an evil dictator from spreading fear and war across the region. The video went viral this week in its efforts to make the name of Joseph Kony famous to help find him and bring him to justice. The video (See it here) has also gotten a lot of criticism from some other groups (Click here to read more about the controversy)
- Since Jeremy likes to throw in a fun video now and then, here’s a fun one I found: Put yourself in this guy’s shoes – Just got a rejection letter from a job he really wanted. Rips it and hears his baby start to laugh hysterically. Every rips of the letter makes the cute bundle of joy roll with smiles and laughter. Need a smile today? You better watch this.