It’s about time we had a week without negative news hogging the social media headlines (oops, did I just jinx it?). With the Facebook IPO meltdown one week and the LinkedIn password disaster the next, I halfway expected Twitter or YouTube to announce that they were going to charge a one-time fee of $1 to maintain your account. That would have kept the trend going anyways. Instead we had a week consisting of cool updates… how boring.
- Twitter announces its latest feature: Expanded Tweets. The same thing you have been able to do when viewing YouTube videos or Instagram pictures while on Twitter, but for a few partners such as The Wall Street Journal and TIME. (click here)
- Love the Olympics? If yes, you’ll love this update. If no, what’s wrong with you? YouTube announced a new channel that will bring a new dimension to the Olympics by allowing viewers to follow their favorite athletes through it all. (click here)
- Tired of your smart phone dying so quickly? The main issue most likely has to do with the apps you are using. This new app measures your phone’s energy use and suggests actions that will make it more efficient. (click here)
- Microsoft announced that they are launching an ‘iPad Killer”. Suuuuuuure, we’ll see. (click here
- In honor of the US Open, here’s a video of Charles Barkley’s puke-worthy golf swing. This will make you feel better about your golf game: